Thursday, March 6, 2014

What's Science?

I was told this trip was fun.

But that my friend, was an understatement.

This trip was the most amusing, entertaining, exciting and all around awesome school trip ever.

Each day we were on the tips of our toes just dyeing to know what adventure we would encounter next. Wether it was snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, doing the dishes, singing every where ever we went or building snow sculptures. I definitely made many memories and funny stories I'll tell over and over again.

And along the way we actually learned tons of stuff. (I know shocking, it's not like we're on a school trip while at a science school or anything like that...)

So I was told I had to make sure to use science words in this post so here's my list of science words:
  • Adaptation
  • Snow Layers
  • Scat & Tracks
  • Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
  • Facets & Rounds
Okay just kidding. I can actually put those vocabulary woods into context.

The first night here we learned about the GYE (Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem) and all the species that live inside it. Later on we had learned about behavioral and physical adaptations species have to help themselves survive the winter. FUN FACT: Did you know aspens have a layer of sunscreen on them to protect their photosynthetic bark underneath. We also dug three snow pits and learned about the snow layers along with the difference between facets & rounds. Sara also learned that she likes to dig holes along with her hibernation cave. It was really cool trying to identify tracks out in the wilderness and kinda strange observing animals poop inside a container. The final thing I learned was the French fur trappers must have not seen some ladies in a very very VERY long time. 

Those night hike, flash blinding selfies tho

Meet Jerrold our water baby

That view tho 

Marty the Moose selflies



No comments:

Post a Comment