Thursday, March 6, 2014

Craziness and Science

Okay, I admit.  When I signed up for this trip I was a little more than skeptical.  Before you go judging me and asking me why I went, let me explain.  I was told that it was fun and adventurous.  Yay! Sounds fun!   Then they told me that we would be A: without our phones and B: cross-country skiing a lot.  I don't have a very good track record with athletics other than running, volleyball, or Taekwondo.  Everything else I have tried it has failed.  Epically.  So, after hearing that I was expected to ski a lot a began dreading the trip in general.  

Day 1
On the first day we showed up to school and then began the 5 hour drive to the Tetons.  We showed up to the campus and it is actually really nice.  We showed up to our dorms and laid down our stuff.  Fast forward a bit and we were trying out cross country-skiing for the first time during the trip. I was pretty much completely unable to ski.  At all.  So it goes without saying that I was pretty discouraged by the end of the day :(

Day 2
We woke up at 6:30 AM and ate breakfast, packed lunch and drove to Kelly for our field day.  We hiked for about 5 miles that day on skies! It was really fun and I actually learned stuff :) We ate lunch out of our little storage-y things called hoorahs. The second part of our day was even more brilliant. We made water babies, which is kinda hard to explain, and attempted to ski downhill on cross-country skies! It was hilarious.

Day 3
We woke up early and prepped for the day and headed to this area where we could see the Tetons.  We snowshoed and hiked up on this cool rock.  It was really fun. We then dug snow pits! :D Yay! This was really fun.

Day 4
We did the normal stuff in the morning and then started to do a stewardship project.  We got to cut willow branches and it was really hard but we found a way to make it easier.  It turned out really well :) After that we hiked into the woods and made a snow moose! We had a lot of fun and it was kinda really brilliant.  Yay! Yay! Yay!

So in summary, this trip was so amazing!  I'm going to be sad to leave :(

No comments:

Post a Comment