Friday, March 7, 2014

On The Edge

Alright hi people reading this my names Jordan, I also have a personal blog linked here. This is a colab blog, Yay. It's All about the trip we have gone on to Teton Science School. As you can see by the title, something is on the edge. So it is thursday and tomorrow we leave this amazing place. This story starts before we left. I was one of those kids who turned in an application but wasn't sure they wanted to go. To me this trip was a entree of nope with a side dish of never. As you could tell though I'm writting this so that means I did make it to the trip. So this post is for the people who are on the edge of going or not going.

I'm going to be very blunt with this. If you can go do what ever it takes so you can go. I didn't really want to be on this trip/ Now that I've down it I'm more then glad. Multiple times though out these day I asked my chaperon Mr.T, if I could stay for a few more months.

Why is it so fun

Reason 1-
People. I'm not the most social person ever, so i didn't know many people that came. I was ligitemtly scared that no one was going to talk to me.  What I found out is that you get to know a lot more people. We can't lie. We all have different views on people we've never met because of what others said. This week we crush those view others put in our head.

Reason 2-
Outside. As teenagers we spend most of our time at home or hanging with friends. We don't get many chance to actually get out and enjoy nature. This is one of those few chance.  You never know how much you really love and depend on nature until you go out and see it for yourself  The Tetons are one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  Thankfully we got pretty good weather so it was warm and just really nice out.

Reason 3-
No Electronics. Yes you get your computer for an hour a day to do home work. Other then that though we get not internet/electronics. I know it's scary. But if you do just put down your phone, ipad,computer ect... Then you we realize that it actually isn't really that important. Sure I'm not lieing to you here, i do miss my TV shows, Music, and aseptically talking to my internet friends that live many miles away. Honestly though you get use to it and you get to know people....And yourself, instead of just what pop-culture tells us what we are.

Reason 4-
Being away from the parent. Alright this is harder for some people. As teen we are very lucky if we have relationships with are parents. Even if we don't have a good one. We need some time to think about who we are as a person and not what are parents want us to be. Personally I have email my mother maybe once a night just tell her like "Yep good day, still alive".  Most teens are age want to be adults and show that we can make it in this big bad world. This gives us an escape. We can still be little kids and play games, but we also have the chances to show that we can do "adult things". Being away from parents gives us these chances.

Finally, all I really want you to get out of this post is that this trip was amazing and i feel everyone should experience what i have this week. If you have the chance to do this please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment